Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wedding Weekend Getaway - July

At the end of July we went out to Thousand Oaks, Ca to attend the wedding of one of Nick's good friends from Pharmacy school. We decided to make a weekend of it and get away without the kiddos. It was a nice relaxing trip. Thanks to Candice for staying with the kids:)

Here we are in our hotel room before the wedding. The lighting is bad in this photo, but it's not everyday I get Nick to cooperate with the camera so I will take it when I can get it:)












When we went to go pick up our rental car the lady that helped us got to chatting with Nick. When she found out that we had four kids and were actually getting away alone together she offered to upgrade our car to a brand new camaro. It cost a little bit more but she gave us a good deal and I told Nick to go for it since he loves camaros! It was a little bright red for our taste, but it was fun to drive around in. Nick was getting a little crazy behind the wheel and I kept bugging him to be careful. He looked at me and said "you try driving this thing without going fast." So we traded places and I quickly understood. It was hard not to drive a little crazy:) So I kept my mouth shut the rest of the time!




























I should point out how extremely cooperative Nick was about taking photos on this trip. He even tried to smile in some of them! Ok not this one, but in some of them I swear he did:)












Hanging out on a random beach. I don't even remember where we were. We just pulled over on the way somewhere and walked around for awhile.


































We saw this really cool house and decided to get a closer look.
































I think we may have been a little too close. When their dogs started going crazy we decided to leave.




















He's carrying my shoes:)

























On the way to the airport to catch our flight home we drive done the PCH through Malibu and looked at all the giant mansions.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home